Posts for tag: Laser Skin Treatments
In the past, lasers were a thing of science fiction, only imaginable in conjunction with stun guns or robots. However, thanks to great strides in modern technology, lasers are commonplace in treating medical conditions, especially in the dermatological field. Find out more about laser skin treatments and what they can do for your skin with Dr. Whitney Tope at Academic Dermatology in Edina, MN.
Laser Skin Treatments in Edina, MN
Laser skin treatments are versatile and can help many skin conditions. Some common laser skin treatments offered by most dermatologists include:
- Laser Hair Removal: Laser hair removal systems use lasers to target and destroy the follicle of the hair, preventing future hair growth after several sessions.
- Laser Resurfacing: Laser resurfacing treatments focus on improving the appearance of fine lines, wrinkles, sun damage, and scars. The treatment uses lasers to penetrate the skin and remove the top layer of dead and damaged skin cells.
- Laser Skin Rejuvenation: Laser skin rejuvenation is similar to laser resurfacing, but uses tiny beams of light to penetrate deeper into the skin to help promote the body’s natural healing processes and improve the skin’s appearance.
- Pulsed Dye Laser Treatments: This procedure treats unsightly blood vessels or veins on the skin. The treatment targets the unwanted vein, directing the laser’s energy to a specific area to destroy the vein and fade its appearance while keeping the surrounding skin intact. These treatments help improve the appearance of spider veins, port wine stains, hemangiomas, and redness from rosacea and other skin conditions.
- Laser Peel: Similar to a chemical peel, a laser peel removes the topmost layers of facial skin to help even and smooth its appearance. Deeper laser peels result in more significant results, improving deeper lines and wrinkles.
If you think you could benefit from laser skin treatments, your dermatologist can help you determine which treatments are the best choice for you and your skin. For more information on laser skin treatments, please contact Dr. Whitney Tope at Academic Dermatology in Edina, MN. Call (952) 746-6090 to schedule your appointment with Dr. Tope today!